General Rules for SCPF Championship Competitions
- All participating clubs must be paid up members of the Southern Counties Photographic Federation (SCPF)
- There will separate Championships for Prints and Projected Digital Images (PDI)
The top 2 clubs in each will be invited to represent the SCPF at the PAGB Inter Club Print and PDI Championships respectively.
- Images including composite images must be entirely the work of the photographer
- There must be no indication of the photographer or club visible on the front of any image Print or PDI
- No image or image so similar as to deemed to be the same, must have been previously entered in any SCPF Championship in any format Print or PDI
- A member may represent more than one club but may not submit images that are the same or so similar as to be deemed to be the same
- There will be three judges scoring electronically in a range of 2 to 5
- All sections of the Championship will be run as a straight battle between participating clubs with all images contributing to the final score
- The winning club in each section will be determined by the highest total score. In the event of a tie a count-back will be applied
- In the event of a photographer being a member of the first and second placed clubs, pre-qualified club or a member of another federation, the photographer must declare which club or federation they will represent. A photographer cannot represent more than one club or federation at the PAGB Championship
- A club representing the SCPF at the PAGB Championship must abide in full with the PAGB rules.
- The SCPF Council reserves the right to amend the rules. In the event of a dispute the decision of the SCPF Council will be final
- Entries will not be accepted after the closing date determined by the SCPF Council
- The SCPF cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to any image
- All trophies must be returned to the SCPF council before the next year’s event
- Any breach of these rules may lead to disqualification at the discretion of the SCPF Council
- The SCPF Council reserves the right to use any digital image entered into SCPF competitions and exhibitions to produce a CD, and be considered for any PAGB competitions and exhibitions. If the photographer does not wish to allow their work to be used they must state on the club’s entry form prior to the competition. The photographer’s copyright will be observed at all times.
Print Championship Rules
- Clubs will submit 15 prints but no more than 3 prints per photographer.
- The mounts must be no more than 50cm X 40cm, there is no minimum size. Any protective sleeves, Velcro, or fixings must be removed to avoid damage to other prints
- Titles of prints, photographer’s name, and club number must be uploaded on the Championship website, (a key code will be issued to participating clubs) also a PDI of the print no larger than 1400×1050 as per the PDI rules before the closing date. A label will be sent by post to your club which must be attached to the rear of the print at the top right hand corner. The print label must correspond with the entry form submitted
- The winning club will receive a trophy
- There will be an award for the best individual image and awards from each of the judges
- The first and second clubs will be invited to represent the SCPF at the PAGB Inter club Print Championship, unless pre-qualified or declines to take part, in which case the next highest scoring club will be invited to represent the SCPF.
PDI Championship Rules
- Clubs will submit 15 PDIs but no more than 3 PDIs per photographer.
- Images should be in jpg format only and 8bit, maximum size should not exceed 1400 wide X 1050 pixels high, and should be in sRGB colour space as in all other competitions.
- 3. All PDI images must be uploaded to the Upload system on the championship web page (same as the league upload system). All participating clubs will be issued with an upload key code and all images must be uploaded before the closing date (1st March 2016).
- The winning club will receive a trophy
- There will be an award for the best individual Image and awards from each of the judges
- The first and second clubs will be invited to represent the SCPF at the PAGB Inter club PDI Championship, unless pre-qualified or declines to take part, in which case the next highest scoring club will be invited to represent the SCPF.
Note: – The Championship Upload system can be found on the website. Go to SECTION –CHAMPIONSHIP – UPLOAD. Should you have a problem contact David Isaacs 01256 770598
Dates for 2016 Championships
The closing date for both Print and PDI Championship is 1st March 2016.
* Please ensure that the Entry Forms, and the PDI images are submitted before the closing date*
The SCPF Championships will be held on 20th March 2016 hosted by
Highcliffe & Infinity Camera Club, Bashley Village Hall, Bashley Road, New Milton, Hampshire, BH25 5RY, please have your prints at the venue before 10:30 on the day,
help us to help you to have a good day
Liz Cutting ARPS, DPAGB
Barbie Lindsay MPAGB, EFIAP/b, FBPE
Russell Lindsay MPAGB, EFIAP, FBPE
Important NOTE To prevent an error with regard to entries to PAGB Print and PDI Championships, Print and PDI Competitions and Exhibition, any photographer who has membership of two or more clubs and one or more is outside the remit of the SCPF in those events they will be expected to support the Club and Federation which pays its affiliation fee to the PAGB. The Club must declare this when entering SCPF Competitions and the Exhibition on the relevant entry forms.
A copy of this text can be downloaded as a MS Word Doc –> Rules for SCPF Championship amend for 2016.